1. Preheat the oven to 350° F or 177° C.
2. Scrub un-peeled potatoes to clean. Pierce skins with a fork and bake at 350° F or 177° C. for 1 hour or until the potatoes are soft.
3. Let potatoes cool slightly then cut them in half, lengthwise. Scoop the middle out of each potato within 1/4 inch (2/3 cm) of skin edge.
4. Place the potato centers in a large mixing bowl, and mash with milk, salt, pepper, butter, scallions (or basil) and most of the grated cheese.
5. Stuff skins with the mashed potato mixture and sprinkle tops with the rest of the cheese.
6. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 350° F or 177° C. for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops begin to turn golden.