* To roast pepper: turn your oven on to broil, when red hot, place pepper on top shelf and keep roasting until all sides are charred black. Remove from oven and put in an airtight container to cool, then peel, remove seeds and slice. Keep in a small amount of olive oil.
* To roast eggplant: turn oven on to highest temperature and roasted until eggplant is soft to the touch and well charred. Let cool then peel, crush and add salt and pepper to taste.
* To roast garlic: turn oven on to 375° F or 190° C, place a whole garlic head in a small oven proof pan, Roasted until bulbs are light brown and soft to the touch, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then peel bulbs. Keep in a small amount of olive oil.
1. Thickly slice bread
2. Spread a small amount of garlic then eggplant
3. Keep layering with remaining ingredients and cover with another slice of bread.