1. Heat one tablespoon butter in pan on medium-low heat.
2. Add one slice of bread to the pan and top with two slices of the cheese, all of the ham and apples, then top with the additional cheese and the other slice of bread.
3. After about 3-4 mins. pick the sandwich up with a spatula and melt the remaining one tablespoon of butter.
4. Flip the sandwich over to grill the other side.
5. Check after about 3-4 mins. to make sure it's not overbrowning.
6. Flip again and cover with a large lid until the cheese is melted and the sandwich is warm throughout, about 2 more mins.