1. In a small pan gently sweat onions and garlic in the butter until tender.
2. Add the bacon, stock, wine and bouquet garni*, simmer covered for 30 minutes - remove the bacon.
3. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor.
4. Slice the baguette and sprinkle grated cheese on top of each slice.
5. Ladle the soup into ovenproof bowls, place a slice of the baguette on top of each serving, sprinkle with grated Mimolette.
6. place bowl under the boiler until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
*Bouquet Garni: Herb Bouquet - aromatic herbs or plants, tied together into a little bundle, used for flavoring stews and sauces