1. Preheat oven to 350° F or 177° C.
2. Wash and blot dry asparagus, trim the bottom ends off.
3. Brush the spears with oil.
4. Wash the green onions, leave the root end on and blanch them in simmering water for 1 minute and cool immediately in cold water.
5. Bundle 5 asparagus, tie them with a blanched scallion and wrap with a red pepper strip.
6. Top with grated cheese and bake for 5 - 7 minutes or until cheese melts. (if the spears are thick, blanch for 1 minute first and them top with cheese and bake).
7. Serve piping hot and enjoy!