1. Cut a slice about an inch thick off the top of the cheese.
2. Scoop the cheese out of the wax covering of both pieces of cheese. Make certain to keep the large piece of wax intact as you will be using it later for presentation.
3. Put the larger piece of wax shell in the refrigerator. Let cheese soften for about an hour at room temperature.
4. Mash cheese with fork or mixer. Add beer, butter, dry mustard, celery salt and caraway seed to the mashed cheese.
5. Mix until well blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Fill the wax shell with the cheese mixture, mounding high for attractive presentation.
6. Serve with party rye or pumpernickel, pita crisps or your favorite crackers.
An even more simple version of this recipe is to substitue the spices with 1/4 cup whole grain mustard. Follow the recipe and just change step 4. Substitute the mustard for the spices.